Attention – “How do we pay attention & to what?”
There are 2 kinds of attention: Focusing your mind & Placing your heart
B R E A Z E – Placing your heart on the pace of the breath.
As I was sitting and preparing for the radio program this morning, my attention was all over the place….” It was particularly distracted by the anticipation that I wouldn’t be able to connect to the program. You see, in the last two days, I wasn’t able to connect to the program through Skype, which is how I have been connecting to it in the last couple of months. What did I do differently this morning? I opened my heart to the breath in my challenge, and stopped fighting it, thus being glued to the anxiety with crazy glue. My perception took on the identity of “unable to connect to the program” – fear, no space. How many times daily do you find yourself in situations when your mind is anticipating something negative to happen, and your prediction comes true? If you notice at the time that all this is happening your breath is fast & shallow, almost nonexistent. If you could just remember to breathe-with-ease, your whole situation could be transformed. from misery & oppression to joy, oxygen & ease.
Would you join me in paying open-hearted-attention with the 5 steps of BREAZE? .
1. Shake like a hummingbird & awake – notice where’s the breath in your body
2. Flow like a river & let go – breathe with ease & move @ the pace of the breath & the music
3. Stand like a tree & make space – open your heart to the breath in the moment
4. Walk like an elephant with grace – Connect to the breath in the earth
5. Dance like a b r e a z e & celebrate – Connect to the breath of a loved one, dead or alive & breathe as One
You can’t be free until you know the truth of you being – who you are and what you are here for? You have choice. You can follow your misery & oppression, or your joy, oxygen & ease.
This is Samuel Jakob Kirschner, wishing you a day filled with joy, oxygen & ease.